Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Freezing your butt off :)


Oh my goodness, I had to dig deep for this post. I think it is because I rarely get embarrassed. It isn’t because I never do anything stupid or shameful, but because I have that kind of personality that shrugs that kind of thing off. Is that weird?

I also never write embarrassing things happening to my characters (propably because I have so little experience). I’ve realized I need to work on that. I’m making a goal now to put that something embarrassing in my current WIP.

So instead of a story about me I will share something that happened to my dad’s best friend :) Is that cheating? Sorry :)

My dad is a phenomenal skier. He was on the downhill ski team in college and when I was just a baby he worked for Grand Targhee Ski Resort in Wyoming.

One day he and his best friend Michael were assigned to patrol the slopes. So, dad and Michael are skiing around helping the inept skiers and Michael suddenly has a problem. He needs to go to the bathroom. They are at the top of a run and there isn’t really anytime to make it to the bottom.

What would you do? Me? I don’t know. Do you really have options? I can see what is coming, but evidently Michael can’t.

Michael skis off the run and into the trees—far away from people. Of course. Now this story would be okay if the bathroom problem was a standing up problem, but it isn’t. This is a squatting bathroom problem. *shakes head*.

Michael drops his pants and…takes care of business. And then suddenly he’s moving…backward…down the mountain.  Gives new meaning to the phrase—a**  backward :)

I’ve heard this story from Michael’s own lips, so I know what he was thinking. He was sure he could turn himself around, so he just kept on going. My dad is racing after him, but Michael is in a tuck and cruising down the run. Luckily he’s a great skier and manages to miss all the other skiers.

By the time my dad catches up, Michael is at the bottom of the run lying in a heap laughing his frozen butt off. At least he has a sense of humor!

Thanks for the fun blog hop Cassie. If you want to read the other entries check out her blog.

-Angie

25 comments:

julie fedderson said...

That is hilarious. And an important moral about making sure to do your duty before hitting the slopes. Thanks for the giggle!

Kelley Lynn said...

So funny! I don't think that's cheating at all! :)

Cassie Mae said...

Not cheating because you made me laugh! For some reason I imagine Harry off dumb and dumber skiing downward, pants around the ankles.

This would make a hilarious scene in a movie.

*claps*

Cortney Pearson said...

LOL! So funny!

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! That is hilarious! I can totally see something like that happening to me, although, I think I'd take the #2 problem to the real restroom. HAHAHA. I'm kind of like you tho - I'm to the point where I shrug that kind of stuff off, for the most part. :) Great story.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Oh my gosh! That was HILARIOUS!! :D I would have died!! Ha ha ha ha! :D I rarely get totally embarrassed. I usually just laugh it off. Most of the time... ;)

Emily R. King said...

I bet the view from the front was better. ; )
Poor Michael! It's great that he can have a sense of humor about it!

Sara Bulla said...

Wow! I'm still laughing and cringing a bit. Love it!

Jennie Bennett said...

That is so funny! But I would DIE!!!

Jenny S. Morris said...

Why can't I be on that sky slop. So, funny. I don't know if I could have kept my composure.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Oh that's funny!

We've discussed (in private on your blog) how I have a problem with creating conflict with my characters but I have NO problems writing them into embarrassing/awkward situations. For some reason that just comes naturally. :)

Jennifer Young said...

How funny Angie! He must have been a great skier to accomplish that. Thanks for sharing:)

Angela Brown said...

Oh goodness. I picutred it in my head and instantly started blushing with embarrassment for him. Too hilarious.

Laila Knight said...

Oh, that would have been hilarious. My husband went waterskiing one day and lost his trunks. That was before I met him. Some things are just too funny. :)

Laura said...

Ah man, that's a good one - wouldn't you have loved to be there - I'd have laughed my butt off :)
Lx

Hope Roberson said...

That would be a sight you would remember! Too funny, glad it wasn't you :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

LOL that's really funny.

Unknown said...

At least he could laugh at himself and didn't knock anyone over with his pants down. Great story!

Meredith said...

Ugh, that's awful! And absolutely hilarious. :)

Kristy Shen said...

Ha ha, great story, Angie. I can totally picture it in my head.

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'm following you now :)

Deana said...

Awesome story! I am trying to picture this and it's almost too much:) Totally embarrassing!

Jolene Perry said...

OK, that was awesome.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Oh my gosh! That is unbelievable and a laugh out loud moment! I have to wonder what the other skiers were thinking! Thanks for sharing a great story.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Brilliant story.

Stacy Henrie said...

LOL! That is hilarious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...